Carna 4 Oven Baked Chicken
Carna4 Chicken variety is whole food nutrition for all life stages of your dog. Our Canadian-made pet food starts with 100% fresh chicken (we use the muscle & flesh, not by-products) plus chicken liver & eggs. No meat or vegetable meals, ever. We then add clean, de-boned Atlantic salmon, whole produce, our certified organic sprouted seeds and nutrient-rich kelp. We then quick-bake & gently dry it to give your dog highly digestible vitamins and minerals, without synthetic additives of any kind. No vitaminneeded, ever.
Our natural ingredients provide your dog a clean, complete diet that is every-day-easy. Our sprouted seed mix offers a wealth of super-nutrients, including high levels of naturally occurring antioxidants and Omega-3 fatty acids. By using these seeds in a sprouted state, we boost our food’s bio-available amino acids, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, probiotics, Omega-3s and antioxidants to levels far exceeding AAFCO standards.
And thanks to our sprouted seeds, Carna4 is LOW GLYCEMIC and LOW GLUTEN – ideal for sensitive dogs. We use only 100% true food and you can easily pronounce the name of every ingredient in Carna4 because all are grown only on Canadian and American farms – not overseas factories.
Ingredient List – NEW IMPROVED Chicken Formula:
Fresh Chicken, Chicken Liver, eggs, organic sprouted barley seed, salmon, sweet potato, whole brown rice, organic sprouted flaxseed, organic sprouted lentils, organic sprouted peas, potato starch, apples, carrots, sea salt, kelp. …Nothing Else
- Eggs – As a perfect complement to our fresh table-grade chicken and its iron-rich liver, eggs serve up plentiful protein with essential amino acids needed for growth and muscle development, plus naturally occurring vitamin E and 14 key nutrients.
- Atlantic Salmon – We use quick-frozen, clean, Atlantic salmon that has been de-boned. It is an excellent source of protein, calcium, Omega-3s and vitamin D for helping to maintain strong bones with a shiny skin and coat, warding against inflammatory conditions like arthritis and combating infection.
- Organic Sprouted Barley Seed, Flaxseed, Lentils and Peas – Our Flora4 blend of some of the best natural sources of vitamins, minerals, probiotics and enzymes that supply optimum, bio-available nutrition for dogs of any age, size or breed.
- Whole Sweet Potatoes & Carrots – Rooted with natural sources of antioxidants, beta carotene (vitamin A), B vitamins and various minerals, including iron and niacin, these garden vegetables add essential nourishment to your dog’s diet.
- Whole Apples – This scrumptious fruit adds vitamins and disease-fighting antioxidants, while its pectin provides soluble fiber to keep your dog ‘regular’ and help reduce colon cancer risks.
- Kelp – This nutritious plant provides amino acids, vitamins and naturally occurring trace minerals, including iodine and potassium, as well as other essential micronutrients.
We test every batch of Carna4 for 15 different pathogens and toxins. Nothing leaves our bakery until it is checked thoroughly for safety.
|NUTRIENT||Carna4 Chicken (min. per kg – as fed)|
|Crude Fiber||4% (max)|
Recommended Daily Feeding Guide
Ideal daily feeding portions will vary for different dogs, depending on age, size, breed, environment and activity levels. Because Carna4 is so concentrated in high quality nutrients that are easily absorbed by your dog, you will need to feed 15% to 25% fewer cups per day than most other dry foods. The amounts shown below are guidelines only and you should carefully monitor your dog’s weight, until an ideal balance is found:
|8 fl. oz. Cups per Day|
6 to 12
or Senior Dog
|3||3/4 to 1||3/4 to 1/2||1/4||3/8||1/8 to 1/4|
|5||1 to 1 1/4||1 to 3/4||3/8||1/2||1/4 to 3/8|
|10||1 1/2 to 1 3/4||1 1/2 to 1||1/2||3/4||1/2|
|15||2 to 2 1/4||1 3/4 to 1 1/2||3/4||1||5/8|
|20||2 1/2 to 2 3/4||2 1/4 to 1 3/4||1||1 1/4||3/4|
|30||3 to 3 1/2||2 3/4 to 2||1 1/4||1 3/4||1|
|40||3 1/2 to 4||3 1/4 to 2 3/4||1 1/2||2||1 1/4|
|55||–||4 to 3 1/2||2||2 3/4||1 1/2|
|75||–||–||2 1/2||3 1/2||2|
Use 90 lbs serving plus 1/2 cup per 20 lbs of body weight more than 90 lbs.
Transitioning to Carna4: It will take several days for your dog to adjust to the richer nutrients in Carna4. Start by mixing one part Carna4 to four parts of your dog’s old food. Gradually increase the proportion of Carna4 over 7-10 days until you are feeding all Carna4. Remember that you will feed slightly fewer cups of Carna4 than other dry foods.
Your dog may have larger stools in the early part of his or her transition period as the better quality fiber in Carna4 helps to clean out the colon. This is a normal and healthy effect and you will see the stools return to a normal size later in the transition.
Feeding Your Puppy: Feed small quantities in 3 or 4 feedings at the same times each day, reducing to twice per day after 6 months. Divide the total cups per day from the chart above by the number of feedings to determine how much to set out each time. After 20 minutes, remove any food remaining in the puppy’s bowl.
Pregnant or Nursing Dogs: Add up to 50% more food per day for pregnant dogs after the first 6 weeks. When nursing, the mother should be allowed to free feed throughout the day. She may eat 2 or 3 times as much as a normal adult during this time.
- Provide your dog with plenty of fresh, clean drinking water at all times.
- Bring your dog to the veterinarian regularly.
- Give your dog play and exercise every day.
Calorie Content: ME as fed Calculated – Chicken Formula: 4,400 kcal/kg or 500 kcal/8 fl. oz. cup